The Master in Counselling Programme is for those who intend to practise as professional counsellors in schools and other organizations. The programme provides an advanced level of knowledge about major approaches to counselling, provides training in counselling in the workplace.
- A specialization programme that leads to professional counsellor status.
- Designed to attract candidates from a variety of professions including education, human resources, health, social welfare, administration and business.
- This programme provides opportunity for candidates who have completed the Postgraduate Diploma in counselling from UBD or its equivalent to continue with their professional training at master’s level.
- Practical experience in schools or any organisation throughout the programme.
- Research exercises (eg. School-based) to improve counselling skills.
- 1 year full-time for candidates with a post-graduate diploma in counselling or its equivalent (commencing in January)
- 1 ½ years full-time for candidates without a Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling or its equivalent (commencing in August)
Typical Entry Requirements
- A good honours Degree (at least second class lower) or equivalent from a recognized university
- Evidence of English proficiency at the level of at least an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 550 or a credit in the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language
- Evidence of Malay proficiency at the level of at least a credit in the GCE ‘O’ Level Malay Language applicable for applicants applying for Malay medium Master’s Degree programme
- Applicants are advised to write a short research proposal
- Successful performance in an interview and any test required
- January and August each year
Dr Hjh Norzaiham Midawati binti Haji Abdullah
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education
Universiti Brunei Darussalam