SHBIE offers a breadth of research supervision options. The types of research supported include national and comparative empirical studies; detailed studies of learners, classrooms and teaching involving different age groups and types; research on policy, ideas, and innovation in educational design and school leadership; action research and qualitative studies. Research includes collaborative research with schools and education departments and consultancy research. An academic staff profile is available. All research undertaken is relevant to the improvement of educational systems and articulates with cutting edge international research developments.
Typical Entry Requirements
- A Master Degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
- A good honours Degree (at least second class lower) or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Evidence of English proficiency at the level of at least an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 550 or a credit in the GCE “O“ Level English Language
- Eveidence of Malay proficiency at the level of at least a credit in GCE “O“ Level Malay Language, applicable for applicants applying for Malay medium Master“s Degree programme.
- Applicants are advised to write an appropriate proposal for a research project at doctoral level, which is normally expected to include the following: proposed title, rationale, aims and methodology, literature review, preliminary bibliography, provisional table of contents
- Successful performance in an interview and any test required.
January or August of each year
Programme Leader: Dr Hui Chuan Li
Graduate Professional Development (GPD)
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education
Universiti Brunei Darussalam