The Journal of Applied Research in Education (JARE)
JARE welcomes articles with a research focus in all areas of education and at all levels in Brunei Darussalam, ASEAN and the wider world. There is no preference given to any particular methodology. Manuscript submissions should be saved in Word or ARTF format and submitted electronically as an attached file to the Editor: Assoc. Prof. Takeyuki Ueyama, Ph. D. firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscripts to be considered for publication will be blind reviewed by the journal’s review panel. Final acceptance of articles will be subject to required changes made by the authors.
Manuscripts should follow the guidelines below:
- A Manuscript should be clearly and concisely written in either English or Malay, using arguments that are fully substantiated with well-reasoned analysis and clear links to data.
- A Manuscript should conform to the guidelines on style specified in the American Psychological Association (APA) Publication Manual. Details are found at: http://apastyle.apa.org/
- Use Times New Roman size 11 font.
- The length should normally be 6,000 words (including references) for a full length research article.
- It should be double spaced.
- The text must fit into a frame measuring 20cm by 14 cm.
- A separate first page should include the full title, author name(s), institutional affiliation, e-mail addresses, an abstract, key words, a biographical data of 50 words of each author, and full postal address. Please indicate the author responsible for correspondence related to a manuscript submission.
- A manuscript written in Malay should provide the title and abstract in English as well as Malay.
- An abstract is no more than 200 words.
- An ‘Introduction’ should be provided.
- Tables and figures should be incorporated into the text.
- Footnotes should be avoided.
- All acronyms should be spelled out the first time they are mentioned.
- Explain in full the use of terms that might be meaningful only to a particular local or national audience.
- Citations of other works should be limited to those necessary for the argument.
- Any quotations should be accompanied by precise references.
- Authors will be responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce illustrations when necessary.
It is a condition of publication that the authors vest copyright in their articles, including abstracts, in the editor of JARE. This allows dissemination to the widest possible readership of the article elsewhere after publication without prior permission from the publisher provided that acknowledgement is given to the journal as the original source of publication.
A copy of the journal will be sent by post to all corresponding authors after publication.